Dr. Ahmad R. Hadaegh
I am originally from Iran, a beautiful land with 2500 years of civilization. I was born in Shiraz, a city with well- known poets, several magnificent historical sites. and wonderful
weather with gorgeous four seasons. I will never forget the smell of Blossom in spring
In 1983, I left Iran to Canada, a huge country with kind and peaceful people. I traveled around different places
in this country from Toronto and Niagara falls in east to Banff and Jasper in central region and finally Vancouver and Victoria British Colombia in west.
In 1985, I started my undergraduate degree at University of Lethbridge in Alberta. I obtained my Bachelor of Art and Science in Computer Science and Economics
from the University of Lethbridge. Then I moved to Winnipeg in 1989 to do my Master degree and PhD at University of Manitoba. I graduated with PhD degree in Computer Science from University of Manitoba in 1997.
In July 1997, I was hired by Nortel Telecom in Winnipeg as Software Engineer. My task was to develop software that could configure
wireless systems. Unfortunately, Nortel could not resist well in Winnipeg and officials
decided to move the employees to Ottawa and close the site in Winnipeg. So I decided
to leave Nortel and obtained another job in Winnipeg.
In August 1999, two years after working in company, I joined Red River College in Winnipeg as an instructor. I had wonderful time working with very nice and knowledgeable
people at Red River College. I would recommend everyone who likes to teach in a college
to apply for a job at Red River College.
Although, there was many things great about Winnipeg, Winnipeg was known as the coldest
city in Canada. Further, my wife graduated from the university and job opportunity
in Winnipeg was limited. So, we decided to leave Winnipeg and applied for universities
in North America. Winter 2002 was the last winter in Winnipeg we went through.
In August 2002, I moved to US and resided in San Marcos, California. I enjoy doing
teaching and research specially in the field of Bioinformatics at California State
University San Marcos. You may always browse through my web page to see my research
interests. It is my pleasure to work with scientist in different part of the world
and share my knowledge with them.
For more information please visit my public site.
Recent Refereed Journal Publications
- Hadaegh A. R., and Barker K., Enhancing Concurrency Using Multi-versioned Object,
(Submitted to Iranian Journal of Science & Technology Journal in February 2005 – Still
- Hadaegh A. R., and Barker K., Reconciling Instead of Aborting Unsuccessful Transactions
in Multi-version Object-bases, Iranian Journal of Science & Technology Journal, ISSN:
0363-1307 (Accepted in August 2005 – Publication is forthcoming).
- Wahlund Thomas M., Hadaegh Ahmad R., Clark Robin, Nguyen Binh, Fanelli Michael, and
Read Betsy A. Analysis of Expressed Sequence Tags from Calcifying Cells of the Marine
Coccolithophorid, Emiliania huxleyi. Journal of Marine Biotechnology, 6 (3), pp 278-290,
May 13, 2004, ISSN: 1436-2228
Recent Refereed Conference Publications
- Wang J., and Hadaegh A. R. Recovering the Reconciled Objects. Proceedings of International
Advanced Database Conference (IADC 2005), San Diego, California, USA, pp 49-58, June
27-30, 2005, ISBN:0-9742448-4-8
- Perez B., and Hadaegh A. R., Building a Reliable Multiversion object-based system,
In Proceeding of Hawaii International Conference on Computer Science (HICCS'04), Honolulu,
Hawaii, USA, pp 416-421, Jan 2004, (ISSN: 1545-6722)
- Rosenthal J, Hadaegh A. R., and Yoshii R. Conversion of the Computer Aided Instruction
to Use Database Connectivity, International Conference of Computer Science and its
Applications (ICCSA-2004), San Diego, California, USA, pp 125-134, June 2004, ISBN:0-9742448-1-3
- Perez B., and Hadaegh A. R., Recovery in Multiversion Objectbase Systems, The 2003
International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET'03), Minneapolis, MN, USA,
Aug 2003. Web publication: http://www.rfbinternational.com/august_25.htm.
- Fayyazi G., and Hadaegh A. R., Kasraian M, Bluetooth Signposts Providing Road Information
to Passing by Vehicles, International Conference of Computer Science and its Applications
(ICCSA-2003), San Diego, California, USA, pp 280-286, July 2003, ISBN:0-9742-4480-5.
Extended Refereed Abstract (2 to 3 pages)
- Ebert M., Hadaegh A. R., Read B. A., and Wahlund T., Prediction of the Genes in Unicellular
Algae Emiliania Huxleyi, International Conference of Computer Science and its Applications
(ICCSA-2003), San Diego, California, USA, pp 320-322, July 2003, ISBN:0-9742-4480-5.
Refereed Poster (1 to 2 paragraphs)
- Hadaegh, A.R, Ranji, Stairs J, Sun, D. and Wahlund T and Read B. , CoccoExpress:
A Comprehensive Genetic Database for Coccolithophorids, Conference for Annual Meeting
for the Society for the Molecular Biology and Evolution: Genomes, Evolution, and Bioinformatics,
(GEB2006) Tempe, AZ, USA, (Accepted in March 2006 - not published yet).
- Wahlund T., Hadaegh A. R., Clark R., Fanelli M., and Read B. A., Characterization
of Complementary DNAs from Expressed Sequence Tag Analysis of the Coccolithophorid
Marine Alga, Emiliania Huxleyi, Meeting of the American Society of Microbiology (ASM),
Washington, DC, USA, pp 660, May 2003. Reviewed by the chair of the meeting (Dr.
Dauglus Bishop) and the chair elect (Dr. Adam M. Bailis), ISSN: 10602011
- Hadaegh A. R, and Ehikioya S., The Role of Reconciliation in Retrieving Historical
Objects in a Multi-version Object-based System, Canadian Conference on Electrical
and Computer Engineering (CCECE’ 02), Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, ISBN: 0-7803-7514-9;
Vol. 3, pp. 1482-1486, August 2002.
- Hadaegh A. R, and Ehikioya S., Using an Optimistic Protocol to Obtain Historical Information
in a Multi-Version Object-based System, The 6th World Multi-conference on Systemic,
Cybernetics and Informatics (SCI-2002): Computer Science I, Orlando, Florida, USA,
Vol 3, pp 325-329, July 14-18, 2002, ISBN: 980-07-8150-1
- Hadaegh A. R and Barker K., Partial Re-execution: Reconciling Transactions to Increase
Concurrency in Object-bases, International Conference on Parallel and Distributed
Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'99), Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas,
Nevada, USA. ISBN: 1-892512-15-7, Vol 3 page 1469-1475 June 1999.
- Hadaegh A. R., and Barker K., Simple Reconciliation of Transactions to Increase Concurrency
in Historical Object-bases, XII Brazilian Symposium on Database Systems - SBBD’97,
pp. 44-64, October 1997.
- Hadaegh, A. R., and Barker K., Version Management in Object Based System, Advances
in Data Base and Information Systems (ADBIS’96), Moscow, pp. 126 - 133, September
10 -13, 1996.
- Peter Graham, Ken Barker, and Ahmad Reza-Hadaegh, Disconnected Objects: Reconciliation
in a Nested Object Transaction Environment, Proceedings of the ECOOP'96 Workshop on
Mobility and Replication (WMR'96), Linz, Austria, July 1996. Published by Dpunkt Verlag
in "Special Issues in Object Oriented Programming", pp. 379-383. (the Workshop Reader
- Hadaegh A. R., Graham P., and Barker K., An Architecture and Model for Processing
Transactions in Multi-version Object Base Systems, In the Proceedings of the Second
Annual Mid-Continent Information Database Systems Conference, Database Research Group,
Fargo ND, Volume 2, Fargo, USA, May, 1993, pp 99-112.