Nima Zaerpour, Ph.DNima Zaerpour is an assistant professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management
at the College of Business Administration, California State University San Marcos.
He has received his PhD in Operations Management from Rotterdam School of Management,
Erasmus University, the Netherlands in 2013. Prior to joining California State University,
Dr. Zaerpour was an assistant professor at VU University Amsterdam. In addition, he
has had visiting positions at the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia
Tech and the School of Management, University of Science and Technology of China.
His research has been published in leading journals among others are Production and
Operations Management, Transportation Science, IIE Transactions, European Journal
of Operational Research, and International Journal of Production Research. His research
interests are Facility Logistics Management, Distribution Logistics Management, Supply
Chain Management, and Terminal Operations Management; in particular studying recent
innovations in these areas. He serves as a reviewer for top tier journals such as
Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, Transportation Science,
IIE Transactions, Interfaces, Transportation Research Part E, International Journal
of Production Research, International Journal of Production Economics. He has developed
Warehousing Decision Support tools and has served as consultant for Supply Chain and
Ph.D., Operations Management
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 2013
M.S., Industrial Engineering
- University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 2008
B.S., Industrial Engineering
- Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2005
- Facility Logistics Management
- Distribution Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Terminal Operations Management
Papers in Referred Journals
- Zaerpour, N., Y. Yu, R. de Koster (2017) “Small is Beautiful: A Framework for Evaluating
and Optimizing Live-cube Compact Storage Systems”. Transportation Science, 51 (1), 34-51.
- Zaerpour, N., Y. Yu, R. de Koster (2017) “Optimal Two-class-based Storage in a Live-cube
Compact Storage System”, IIE Transactions, 49 (7), 653-668.
- Zaerpour, N., Y. Yu, R. de Koster (2017) “Response Time Analysis of a Live-Cube Compact
Storage System with Two Classes”, IIE Transactions, 49(5), 461-480.
- Gharehgozli, A.H.; F. Vernooij; N. Zaerpour (2017) “Studying the Effect of a Handshake
Area on the Performance of Twin Cranes”, European Journal of Operational Research, 261 (1), 108-128.
- Mirzaei, M., R. de Koster, N. Zaerpour (2017) “Multiple load retrievals in Puzzle-Based
Storage systems”, International Journal of Production Research, forthcoming.
- Zaerpour, N., Y. Yu, R. de Koster (2015). “Storing Fresh Produce for Fast Retrieval
in an Automated Compact Cross-dock System”. Production and Operations Management 24 (8) 1266–1284.
- Zaerpour, N., Y. Yu, R. de Koster (2013) “Storage Policies and Optimal Shape of a
Storage System”, International Journal of Production Research 51(23-24) 6891-6899.
- De Koster, R., T. Le-Duc, N. Zaerpour (2012) “Determining the Number of Zones in a
Pick-and-sort Order Picking System”, International Journal of Production Research 50(3) 757-771.
- Zaerpour, N., M. Rabbani, A.H. Gharehgozli, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, (2009) “A comprehensive decision making structure for partitioning of Make-To-Order, Make-To-Stock
and Hybrid products”, Soft Computing 13(11) 1035-1054.
- Gharehgozli, A.H., R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, N. Zaerpour, (2009) “A fuzzy-mixed-integer
goal programming model for a parallel-machine scheduling problem with sequence-dependent
setup times and release dates”, Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing 25(4-5) 853-859.
- Zaerpour, N., M. Rabbani, A.H. Gharehgozli, R. Tavakkoli-Moghaddam (2008) “Make-To-Order
or Make-To-Stock decision by a novel hybrid approach”, Advanced Engineering Informatics 22(2) 186-201.
- Gharehgozli, A.H., M. Rabbani, N. Zaerpour, J. Razmi, (2008) “A comprehensive decision making structure for acceptance/rejection of incoming orders
in Make-To-Order environments”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 39(9-10) 1016-1032.
- Rabbani, M., A.Bahredar, A.H. Gharehgozli, N. Zaerpour, N. Manavi Zadeh, Productivity
Engineering and Management, ISBN: 978-964-2936-22-9, Iranian Association of Railway
Transportation Engineering, Tehran 2007, in Persian.
MBA: OM 502: Foundations of Operations Management
Operations Management is one of the main functional areas of management in most organizations.
It involves the management of resources to produce the goods or provide the services
offered to the customer, and it includes the management of production, inventory,
quality, capacity, processes, personnel, and information. It is required in a variety
of settings including manufacturing, service and the full range of resource-based
industries. The course will emphasize on the study of the elements associated with
the design and operation of a system and the integration of these elements within
the entire corporate strategy. Real world examples are used to explain ideas and show
the effectiveness of these approaches.
OM445: Warehousing and Distribution Management
This course particularly covers warehousing and distribution management, focusing
on different aspects of warehouse operation and design. Topics include, but are not
limited to, distribution network design, distribution coordination, layout design,
material handling systems, storage and order picking methods, warehouse management
systems, and benchmarking. Related topics covered may include e-commerce logistics,
maritime logistics, and retail logistics.
BUS 324: Introduction to Business Analytics
This course introduces the methods and tools which help to extract not only information
but also insights from the data in various business functions such as operations,
supply chain, marketing, and finance. The course consists of four distinct parts:
- Foundations of Business Analytics
- Descriptive Analytics: descriptive statistics, data visualization, statistical inference
- Predictive Analytics: regression, time series analysis, forecasting, data mining,
- Prescriptive Analytics: linear optimization, integer optimization
View my Curriculum Vitae.
- Operations Research
- Production and Operations Management
- Transportation Science
- IIE Transactions
- Transportation Research-Part E
- International Journal of Production Economics
- International Journal of Production Research
- OR Spectrum
College - Level Committees
- Graduate Curriculum Committee (Department rep)
Custom Tab 1
Custom Tab 2